Tuesday, April 27, 2010

While we're on the subject

of music, here's my top almost five musical artists and my favorite song by them (not necessarily my favorite song though, just to clarify)!

1.) Queen - Killer Queen
They have been among my favorites for a very long time and will likely remain at the top for many, many years to come.

2.) The Kinks - Do It Again and my all time favorite Christmas song - Father Christmas
I also think it's kind of amusing that crazy Ray Davies got shot in the leg chasing after a mugger that stole his lady-friend's purse.

3.) Billie the Vision and the Dancers - Man from Argentina
They are newer to my list but how could you not like a Swedish indie band with a cross-dressing front man? that comes up with TMI lyrics like -
"he says something I never forget.
'You know you’ve been away too long when your penis smells like a cheese doodle – the cheesier snack.'
Please take it back!
I can never eat that sort of thing again."
Anyway, they're awesome and they give their music away for free! Look them up on YouTube, you (probably) won't regret it!

4.) Jim Croce - Don't Mess Around With Jim
There's something about they way Jim Croce could tell a story in a song that I just adore. P loves "Working at the Car Wash Blues" because his job sucks about as much as it does in the song.

So there you have it! How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Umm yeah I know ONE of those.

    Good idea! I think I will steal this I have been on a blog slump.

    ReplyDelete